Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jack's Trip to the ER

I have been so lucky never to have rushed either of my kids to the ER, until yesterday. Addison had a trip to the hospital before, but they sent us from her doctor, so I have never had to pack everything up and go to the ER.....

Last night I was getting ready to go to Meredith's and Andy's for dinner and Jack fell. Literally within a minute, an area of his head was as big as a baseball. So I freaked out. I was not made to be a trama nurse. I yelled at Addison to get shoes on, called the neighbor to come get her, and ran out of the door with a screaming Jack. We were at the ER in no time. Poor little guy, they said nothing was wrong with him, but it just really shook him up. Today he has a big knot and a cut on his little head.

I guess I shouldn't say things like, "I haven't had to take my kids to the ER" because just days later, look what happens! And instead of a yummy dinner at Mer's, we ended up with soup from a can when we got home at 9pm. Sigh..........The things you give up for kiddies!

I pray everyone has a wonderfully happy Easter full of gracious thanksgiving!

No comments: